Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Todays update

I am struggling to come up with a post for today.

Today has gone fine. Taylor continues to improve but it is so painful to watch her struggle.

Her disposition has completely changed. She is miserable and scared. She refused oxygen. She has refused to take medications. Which I can not blame her for apparently the liquid loratab tastes like chewing on pennies YUCK! The greatest struggle has been nausea. She has been dry heaving with minimal throw up all day long. She has had very little rest. It is a big kitchen sink of problems contributing to her upset stomach.

1 pain killers
2 she has hardly eaten since we arrived on monday (a couple or crackers and bites of a doughnut)
3 anxiety (of course!!! can you blame her? she feels as if this will never be over)
4 the anesthesia may still be wearing off?

We met with the pain team and they helped figure out better pain management solutions. So hopefully tomorrow will be smoother?

She also had her pace maker wires removed this morning. This is another good sign. But unfortunately it was painful and scary.

We did take her on a wheel chair ride through out the floor, which was her idea. But all the "awful" smells of the hospital upset her. She is for sure my daughter when I am prego I can not handle any smells good or bad.

I did hear some rumors from friend that there was talk of taylor coming home today. For now we are at the hospital. We have heard nothing of her coming home. And frankly this is where she belongs, I could not imagine taking her home today! The 6 weeks of post hospital recovery are going to be all I can handle! We are taking it day by day. If she does have 1 or 2 good days then the possibility of going home will be closer.

The majority of my posts have been about T and myself. But so many people have been amazing through this all. First off Bryson is one amazing man. I knew this when I married him, I knew he was the man of my dreams when I married him. During this time he has been my #1 support. He is a rock, a stubborn right rock! He has forced me to eat which is difficult for me during times of stress. He stayed the night last night and the whole day today. I tried to get him to leave and take a break but he stayed to help. He is the greatest Dad and Husband, and my very best friend.

Also a big thanks to my mom and Melissa who have both made it possible for us to spend every possible moment by T's side. One of her biggest fears is to be without us during this experience.

And to all the friends who have helped in one way or another. I have sent friends on the most random errands that I know were difficult. And last thank you for all the love, thoughts and prayers! They have meant the world. And I know they have made a difference.

 I must thank my heavenly father for watching over us and helping us through this. I know that he knows us and is helping us every step. How blessed we are!!!

K this is really last, times like these always help me reflect on how important the "REAL" things are. Family friends faith are the greatest blessings in this life. So tonight make sure you hug your loved ones extra tight for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Summer, I am so sorry about all of this! I wish there was something I could do. When I was sick and scared as a kid, I loved my mom to read to me from the Friend. My girls listen to the stories right off of the computer. Anyway, maybe Tay is too old for that but gosh darn it, I hope and pray things take a turn for the better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the strength and encouragement during this difficult time-- and wishing Taylor a quick recovery. I do feel for her-- seven months of pregnancy nausea and those awful dry heaves-- nausea certainly can be challenging. May today and the upcoming days be much better ones!

    ReplyDelete