Friday, June 24, 2011

thoughts of my perfect day...

Tonight 2 of my kids are up. Bryson (my first kid) is doing quite well, but for him once the meds wear off he is in extreme pain and can not get comfortable. Taylor however is miserable, every single night she wakes then asks for more medicine. I always think tonight is the night! She is going to make it through the night, to bad we have not yet found the right balance. I was expecting this, but all the while hoping she would be able to go back to her regular routine.

I am longing to go back to my regular routine. I may be spoiled during the summer, I'm sure i deserve it. I bust my buns all year long and kinda take a mom vaca every summer. Let's just day dream for a sec, k thanks! On my perfect summer day it would go just like this...

*I would wake early but not by a crying child
*I would get the house picked up first thing in the morning and dinner either in the crock pot or somewhat prepared and thought out
*I would then leave and go to the gym to work out 2 hard, long, completely fulfilling hours at the gym. While my kids enjoyed the child center.
*Immediately following my workout I would take the kiddos swimming at the gym pool. We would laugh, play, and enjoy a home packed healthy lunch pool side.
*We would stay as long as humanly possible
*As soon as returning home I would bathe kids and put Myles down for a nap. Then chuck the dirty clothes in washing machine.
*At this point everyone would be tired so all would rest, even if I just sat down for 5 minutes.
*Now my house is peaceful and clean (my 2 favorite things)
* Of course the perfect day involves family dinner that is delicious and nutritious
*Scripture study
*Kids in bed, they go to bed instantly (ha ha funny joke)
* Last I snuggle with my man and tell him how much I love him!

I'm not sure why I just jotted that all down, I'm guessing it's because I feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off! So for now I will remember my perfect day and I know it will be here soon!

3 comments:

  1. As a strong and healthy wife and mother, who is able to care for her sick child and nurse a husband back to health... it sounds like you are already living your "perfect day".

    http://lds.org/ensign/1988/08/the-perfect-day-challenge?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! There just aren't enough hours in a day to get it all done and keep kids happy! I keep saying I feel like I'm running around putting out all of the little fires so I can't ever do the other things! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it rains, it pours! Thanks so much, summer, for your sweet comments. I've actually been thinking of you and Taylor as well! I think you are going to be in need of a vacation in the near future!! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete