Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today has been a day of great highs and lows...

 Early this morning about 6am things were ok. Taylor had rested the night and I could see improvement. The second she awoke she acknowledged me then asked for Dad! I told her that he was helping sky get ready for school and getting Myles ready to come to the hospital. She then told me she was soaking wet, which was true. So I helped the nurse redress her bed. We had to turn her to the left side, which was extremely painful for her, then repeat with the other side. When we were finished she began crying hard, I did my best to comfort her. Once the morphine kicked in she was ok and out cold. In the ICU parents are not allowed from 7-8 am and 7-8 pm. So I then went and got ready for the day and even managed to eat a lil cream of wheat (last surgery I was unable to eat.) When I returned to T's room I found the nurse pulling out IVs and lines and wires. This was a good sign, very exciting in her progress. But she was again in so much pain she started crying so hard that the nurse had me no longer close to her. Today for the first time I think she is trying extra hard to be brave for the nurses and Dr's. So when something hurts or goes wrong she completely breaks down to me, sweet girl.

Then the nurse Kim told T that she had to sit up. So she did it! It was hard, it was painful, and it was exhausting. she cried to me and I had to have Kim sit by her to calm her down. But she did it. This was big for her lungs, and also to help verify her chest drainage tubes were almost empty. She sat up in the chair for 40 minutes!





 Once the verified the drainage to be minimal the next step was to remove the drainage tubes. Which was her last step before she could leave the ICU. There were 2 drainage tubes, the first cam out painful but well. But the second bugger was awful it wouldn't pull out so it tugged and tugged then splattered blood everywhere. IT WAS CRAZY PAINFUL, I could just tell. But that was the last step to going to the main floor. So we are out of the ICU, which means we are we are moving along.

At this point she did do amazing. She walked relatively well. She was dizzy and felt weak. But it was one more step in the right direction.

 So I was going to brag about what she ate. But... this has turned to be a brutal step. DANG YOU NAUSEA you are officially my nemesis.


Long story short she is still struggling. This is going to be an up hill battle the whole way. Or a roller coaster, ups downs highs and lows. Right now I am exhausted so I can only imagine how exhausted sweet T is:(.

10 comments:

  1. It is so nice to see her up and out of bed already. Always a good sign, and the best thing for a quicker recovery!! What a strong girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chest tubes are brutal. We lost count of how many Jack had due to all the of the effusions, I think it was 16... in one summer. So horrible. When she gets the other two out, she'll feel SOO much better. Poor girl. Good job being so strong and brave for her, it's excruciating to watch your child cry in pain. Stay strong. Let me know if I can bring you some food! YOU MUST EAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little girl! I am so sorry she has to endure such pain and suffering! I know as parents it is so hard to watch her..... Major emotional roller coaster, heart- wrencher!!!!
    Sending love and prayers! I'm so amazed by her strong spirit! How we tKe the miracles of our bodies for granted..... Love you guys! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great support Taylor has from all the doctors, nurses and her dear parents. So fun to see Skyler walking beside her BF and sister to the next room. This room will be more quite and peaceful, I am sure. Did Taylor ever eat those carrots she woke up craving:) I am so sorry she is having trouble holding things down. We sure love you Taylor and you are so tough. Really I think you are setting some recovery records. I pray you can get some sleep tonight! Love Mom aka Bonka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what courage. Our prayers continue. Was listening to a conference talk this morning from Kent F. Richards who was a surgeon. The topic was pain and how it makes us feel like little children and brings unto Christ. Oh that we could all be like Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor, you inspire us!

    Are you plugging your nose in one of the pictures because your daddy didn't shower after a bike ride?

    Next time you look in the mirror, smile at yourself for me... your beautiful smile always makes us happy inside and out.

    We love you,
    Todd, Susie, Trevor, Shane and Shelby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God Bless T and her family, the Dr's & Nurse's who help in T's recovery that she may go home to do all the things sweet little girls should be doing. Sending peaceful, loving, healing thought's to everyone, especially to T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, please forgive me, I love you, thank you .........(ho'oponopono)

    With love

    Marleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Taylor. Sorry for your pains. I can see you in a favorite place where you feel happy and calm. Along comes an angel with a big ball of white, sparkling light, and asks you to put all your pain & nausea in there. The pain says "Taylor, you are way stronger than me, & you will win!" After you hear that, the pain is absorbed into the white light, you feel good, and your heart and your body are getting better & better, just like new. God loves you & all your family through all of this. - Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. TAYLOR!!!! Beautiful Bright Light!!. YOU are SO STRONG! Sending you and your family lots of light and love for a speedy recovery. Please ask your grandpy Kevin and beautiful Sherry teach you the breath hug as you get better. Know that people all over the world are praying for you and sending their loving energy and healing words to you. We Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete