Monday, June 6, 2011

one great indescribable wonderful day...

Today went amazingly well. Every single fear and concern has vanished. That being said of course we are not out of the woods but today was a day of miracles for Taylor! I must express how overwhelmingly blessed I/we feel. I know every prayer was answered, so THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! Words are simply not enough. I know that God is aware of us and our family and most importantly TAYLOR!





The surgery went great. Dr. Kaza did insert an adult size cow valve into T's right pulmonary artery. He did not however have to widen her left pulmonary artery. His exact words were "you could drive a semi through it!" The previous scar tissue offered no problems. The Dr said as soon as he finished he could all ready see the enlarged/overcompensating right ventricle of her heart shrink down and start to function properly ! Can you say BLESSING!!! Anesthesia was great and her pain is controlled. Her ventilator was removed in the operation room which is just one more great step. T has a morphine drip which she can press when she is in pain. She is 100% controlling her own pain and has never reported it over a 3! 1-10 scale, 1 being no pain and 10 being the most pain ever. She is uncomfortable, of course. The biggest problems have been dry mouth followed by a little liquid which in turn has ended up in vomit.This is a problem we will take! She truly has blown everyone away by her health and also her positive attitude and outlook. She is one amazing girl who has taught me so much more then I could ever treat her!

Taylor has been blowing the Dr's away by her recovery, so we will just play it day by day. She will have roughly 6 weeks recovery at home before she is back to wrestling with Sky and Myles. Tonight I am at the hospital with her. this go round is so different from the last for us. She is afraid to be left alone so Bryson and I are doing our best to be by her side. Skyler had a hard time seeing her sister for the first time and broke down into tears. I expected this to be the case. Her second time in she tried to kiss T on the lips but couldn't reach so she kissed her hand then pressed onto T's lips! Myles asked "What's that? What's that? What's that?" to every single tube, wire, instrument, computer... you get the point!

She was not able to sleep much today. Even after her only 30 minute nap I saw improvement in the eyes and face and cognitive. We will see how tomorrow goes and once she is out of the ICU we would be happy to have visitors.K I better go to sleep so I can be the mom T needs in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad it went well. Some advice to mom... take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy Summer that all is going well. T is an amazing girl!! I have books for you so you can read. I'm going to drop them by your house tonight. I know you won't be there but i think they will get to you one way or another. We are still here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw sky at school today. She is so sweet and concerned. I am glad to hear Taylor is doing so well. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Please holler if you need anything at all. We'd love to have skyler come play.

    ReplyDelete