Thursday, June 9, 2011

more steps forward...


Yes that's right folks...
she walked out of her room to the forever young zone (a play/art center within primary's).

It was a very special hour and a half. She drew, painted wood blocks, played play dough, was able to play with Myles and Sky, PLAYED HER PIANO RECITAL PIECE! And simply forgot about some of this for a moment!!! She even managed to force a smile for the picture.

Through out this surgery process I've talked a lot about my feelings, T's feelings, and a lil about dad's feelings. I have to say that our other 2 kids have been amazing through the whole process. Skyler has only had a hard time the very first time she saw her and I know that Heavenly Father has blessed her to visit during the "best" times we have had here. It simply is not by accident. They are very close and very best friends. Myles who is 2 has also been amazing. I've been told he has behaved while with family. And he has brought his contagious smile to the hospital every visit. Taylor lights up the most when she sees him. When he showed up today, we were at the forever young zone. He ran to T and gave a hug she instantly stood up and asked him if he wanted to play. I know for at least a second she forgot about the hard times and about the pain.


 At this exact moment the surgeon dr kaza came in and asked if she wanted to stay or go home. She said she wanted to say. The nausea is back and she is feeling crummy again... I will continue to force her to eat and take her meds as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Marcy HeidelbergerJune 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

    Emma and I just read your posts. Our heart goes out to Taylor! What a brave little girl. I can't imagine how painful this has been for her. Emma and I will continue to keep her in our prayers. I thought she would have to stay in the hospital for weeks! Are they thinking of sending her home?

    ReplyDelete