Friday, October 7, 2011

Summer's all good.

Finally! Surgery is done! 

So this is pretty cool.  Summer was the first person at Huntsman to have a removal of a brain tumor while awake with use of the new portable MRI unit.   Because of the groundbreaking operation, it took a while to get it all set up (2 hrs).  That said, everything went very well during surgery. 

The night before the surgery, we gave Summer a blessing at the house.  I felt the spirit direct me to bless her with a surgery that would go well and that "All the Tumor would be removed". 

Initially I felt this was maybe just my desires so I skipped the word ALL but after skipping it I was immediatly prompted to add the word ALL so I listened.  I was at first concerned that I may be putting my will first but then had the impression that I needed to listen to the spirit and have faith that God would fulfill his promises. Afterwords, I told my dad about the impressions and he actually had a similar impression during the blessing.  Pretty cool. 

That said, I felt calm and at peace before the surgery and now I know why. The surgery went amazingly well and guess what.  All the tumor was removed and it all went very well.  The Dr. said Summer was even joking with the team during the operation.  Before the surgery really began the Dr. said I want you to make sure I don't hurt you so please let me know if it hurts.  Her reply:  "You can't hurt me."

The DR.  was optimistic that the tumor was benign once removed. They actually removed 2 tumors. One was the size of a pea and one the size of a grape. We are still waiting for the pathology report and should get that back on Wednesday next week. She will spend tonight in the ICU and then they expect to move her to the normal ward tomorrow.  She will be able to go home as soon as she feels ready according to the Dr.

She has been in a lot of pain today since the surgery but seems to be feeling much better tonight.  Thank goodness for Morphin and Percocet. 

Thank you for all of your prayers. They have been heard and answered.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys!!! Like I said on her Dad's wall before I saw this that Faith and Prayers and Priesthood blessings work wonders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news!! I'm so glad everything went well. Here's to a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the update and sharing that little bit of the blessing with us. That is so cool! Still keeping all of you in our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear the surgery went so well. You are all great examples of faith. We will keep praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to feel the spirit man. SDAY and I are really happy things went well. Super crazy but it sounds like she was in good hands for sure. We'll keep you guys in our prayers. Good luck. And hands down, Summer has the best scar ever, so don't go crashing your bike to make a bigger/better one.

    ReplyDelete