Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's all good...

This morning Bryson woke me up at 9 am usually he knows that won't roll since I'm only sleeping 1-2 hours a night but this morning was very special. He was on the phone with Dr. Jensen and he had the final official pathology report of the tumor. It is 100% benign!!!! CAN"T YOU JUST HEAR ME SCREAMING FOR JOY!!! Bryson and I gave one another a big relief kiss during the call. The exact pathology is a very detailed long word that I don't have right now, he is emailing me. But the tumor is benign and completely removed. I will not need any further treatment. Seriously this is a huge relief and such a great gift, I am truly blessed!!!

I am going to wing off my seizure medication and steroids, In the next 5 days I should be medication FREE! Which hopefully gets rid of the metallic taste in my mouth and the nausea. Then once I am able to feel better I will have the ability to DRIVE! YES DRIVE! It may be another week or two but that is amazing!!! The light is there and man it is mighty BRIGHT! I follow up at the beginning of November just to see Dr. Jensen, check the incision and further update my health. Then I will have a yearly MRI to search for tumors. I am so relieved to be here in this place. And so blessed to be safe and to once again be nearing the road to health. The interesting thing will be if my migraines help or not? It's funny because it could be just one more miracle? I'll just have to wait and see! I still feel swelling, tingling, and pain but it is not unmanageable. The pain is more sporadic?

Everyday I do feel improvement and I can only imagine how great I could feel if I slept even 4-6 hours. I'm quite tired and mostly going crazy since I do nothing but I am excited to move forward and get every lil step closer to health. I am happy to report I now have the energy to bath my kids and sometimes help with homework. Seriously even laundry is going to at least make me contribute, so that's cool too (never thought I would say that!)

12 comments:

  1. Summer! What incredible news! I'm so happy for all of you. You deserve a break! I bet this great news will assist in your recovery as well, so take care, and get well soon! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear! That is awesome news, what a great feeling! Keep hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news! It's great to hear that things are looking up and you are feeling better. Your positive attitude is such an inspiration. Sending love, prayers, and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!! I am so glad to hear this GREAT news. I have been following your story through your Dad. He is also such an amazing man. I am so happy for you and your family!!! This news has to be the BEST news you have heard in a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stranger sending you and your family a big hug--I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer, that is great news! I am so happy for you. What a true miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat Carbotti, Newport RIOctober 19, 2011 at 7:09 AM

    Even those of us who have never met you have a brightness added to our days with your news. So very happy for you and yours.!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!! I'm SO thrilled at that wonderful news. You certainly deserve some good news after all you've been through. SO grateful for all those wonderful miracles you've had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to read this report! You don't know me, but I was in Utah in September at the Xango convention and heard your dad speak. I "liked" his page on Facebook and just tonight saw his entry about your news, along with the link to your blog. I know many people with brain tumors and am so happy you are doing so well. Good luck with your continued recovery. Your family will be in my prayers. Beth Boston, Mechanicsville, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOO happy for you and your family. What a huge blessing! Hope the healing comes quickly.

    ReplyDelete