Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hey guys it's me :)

K so I am sort of awake so hopefully this post makes sense! I have had severe pain since the surgery. The pain scale has never dropped below a 5 and is currently living at about an 8-9 pain level. So needless to say I have had a hard time. Seriously I have never had pain like this. Yesterday I was begging to return back to Huntsman Hospital. We have all been working very hard to help with the exact right meds. And the steroids are helping the most, so we have just doubled the steroid so hopefully the brain swelling will decrease and give me the comfort that I need. Dr. Randy Jensen just called us and told us basically all the same stuff. The pathology looks the same as he thought. He did remove all the tumors (yippie.) He is still leaning towards a benign tumor but the second pathology result is not yet in, so for a perfect result he will let us know later this week. He really just wants the second result.... so we wait but it all sounds good. Next week I get my staples removed, then I wait. I have more swelling in my face now then when I left the hospital? Super frustrating!

As far as the speech we think everything is good. I do occasionally have to really strain for a specific word and occasionally can not come up with the right word. But most people can not even notice. Plus I am HEAVILY drugged so that of course is not very clear in my head. I meet with Dr. Jensen in 3 weeks and we will further look into any speech therapy, but now it seems good. I am so grateful for this!!!

This has been an extremely hard week for me. It's funny because I pride myself on being tough, but I'm learning that tough is nothing. I have had to dig very deep and give every ounce of faith and prayer that I have. I am so grateful for the Lords help through this trial and could not imagine not being able to drop on my knees at any given moment. Bryson has been the most amazing rock ever. He has done everything for me and he is my world. This has really been the only time in my life where I have had to rely 100% on him. He has given me the greatest care, love, and help. He is the BEST!

Again thank you so much for all the love, notes, food, help, cleaning, yard work, rides.... I have been so blessed by this experience. You have all made such a special part in my heart and I am forever in debt. I am hoping that I will feel good enough in the next few days that I can have visitors. Thank you for giving me the recovery I have needed, just know I am so grateful for all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Such great news... hang in there, the rest will come!

    Most of all.... proof again that it pays to marry well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you constantly. Even my kids are remembering you in their prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer you are an amazing woman of strength and grace! God has his hand on you and your entire family. The words that come to me are this too shall pass! We are all standing with you in faith and triumph. Rest is his arms of love and bask in total peace and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the worst part of the whole recovery was the pain. I hope they find a way to ease your pain and you can rest. One thing our experience definitely did for us was bring us closer together and much stronger as a couple then we have ever been. We are praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Summer,

    This is Lyndsey Blodgett Locke from high school. I hope it doesn't weird you out that I'm checking your family's blog! Lisa Durham Trent told me this morning a little of what you have recently experienced. I guess I just wanted to let you know that you are in my personal prayers and hopeful thoughts...specifically that your pain will be greatly lessened. Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete