Friday, October 14, 2011

Last night was good (yippie!!!)

This has been quite the little rough dirt road, don't get me wrong I love a hilly dusty path but some times I'm ready for a green meadow.

Last night was relatively good. My pain level is living at about a 5, which is good. I am trying to wing off the oxycodone and am trying to get off of the narcotics. Since I have stayed in about the same pain level with the narcotics I think it's safe to say I'll be off it soon. Which is such a relief because I feel crazy, and my stomach is so upset (all smells are horrible, and food is poison! Lovely I know!) Last night I was able to sleep about 5 hours and then sleep again this morning for another 4 hours, this is a big deal :) I am starting to feel the incision which is good because it is so much less pressure then the swelling on the brain. I feel the staples, tingling, and swelling. Next week I get the staples removed and I'm sure they should help with some of the pain also. My face swelling is going down and the exterior of my head is also getting less swollen.

So that's the big update, pretty lame but I feel like I am turning the corner and feeling slowly but surly better. I can not wait until I have the energy and hope to leave the house and even enjoy the outdoors, soon enough!

6 comments:

  1. GREAT news! So glad things are looking up!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summer! So glad to hear that your pain is manageable and you seem to be improving daily!
    I have been out-of-commission myself a little bit. I broke my ankle last week walking in the snow-covered grass when I slipped and fell. I am certainly not experiencing anything like you are, but you have given me courage to do what I've needed to do, no matter what. Love you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I am so glad things are going up-hill! You are so amazing and so positive. I have a lot of admiration for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to inspire so many Summer. You are truly remarkable and I am so proud to be your father and learn so many invaluable lessons from you. You are living proof that, "Behind every dark cloud there is an ever-shining sun." We love you.

    Ann—I am so sorry to hear about your broken ankle. I had no idea. Please know of our love and concern for you. You and Bill and your family are counted as choice friends. We hope you recovery quickly and will check in on you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing from within Summer. Yes, you DO inspire and uplift others by doing so. Hope you get out into nature soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer you are absolutely beautiful! what strength you have, your faith and inspiration goes beyond measure. Thank you so much for sharing, you have planted your foot steps in my heart. I see where your beauty comes from in side and out, I adore your parents and their outer and inner beauty has definitely come shinning through their off spring, you are amazing. hugs and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete