Saturday, October 22, 2011

A day at Cross Out Cancer

Today was by far the best day I have had. Only 15 days in and I am healing everyday. I feel very manageable with the pain and can now tell when I'm over doing it! My pain level rides at about a 2-3. I have swelling and some sharp shooting pain, it's all very ok now! The biggest thing is the exhaustion but everyday I have a little more energy. Last night was the very first night I've slept all night since my seizure!!! Let me just tell you that it is a joy to just over do it a little! Sounds weird I know but I am positive that the hardest part is sitting on my duff and feeling like a bump on a log, while so many other people help me and my family.

Yesterday we got a quick call from Channel 2 News about hearing Bryson's sister Melissa and Matt putting on the fundraiser UTCX Cross Out Cancer. Who knew that this would hit so close to home and be a huge part of my life! None of us did. Luckily I had a shower and a lil makeup on. We were in Park City enjoying the gorgeous fall leaves (aka Bryson tries to get me out of the house everyday, thanks babe!) The news called us and ran up to PC. We did a quick interview with my family then Bryson and myself interviewed separately. We encouraged everyone to get out and supportUTCX CROS OUT CANCER helping Huntsman Cancer Institute and Live Strong. Also our amazing friend Billy did a quick interview to help with Cross Out Cancer and basically be the local hero/Nordic Combined Gold Medalist (he is the best, Skyler LOVED him for reals for ever!) I've got to say that I was of course happy to help the event and to get the word out but man it is not so kind to be swollen and way to close to my face on tv! Who knew that I ever cared about my appearance!

This morning Bryson ran over early to the Event to help then he came back to get me and the kids. We spent the afternoon at Wheeler farm at Cross Out Cancer. It was an AMAZING event! I was so happy to be there, to be outside and feel even 40% normal. All of my kids rode the ride. Myles crushed the strider bike category! The kid just kept going and going. He only needed to do 1 lap, he did at least 5 laps probably 6! He won for sure but who's counting (oh ya me!) He definitely had the eye of the tiger, he has wanted to win for a long time! Taylor and Skyler both raced the 8 and over race. It was a jumble of kids total chaos! Taylor started out ahead but Skyler quickly used her skills and risk and passed Taylor And luckily didn't hit any 2 yr olds. They both rocked and "unofficially" Skyler was in about 5th place and Taylor was in 6th place. They love to race and I love to watch them fly! SO MUCH FUN! Then Bryson got to race. Just this made me so happy! Bryson has been so amazing through this experience and I'm so happy that we are moving back to normal life. I knew how great Bryson was a long long time ago, but we have grown so much closer through this trial and he truly is the man of my dreams! Bryson raced great had a lil bike seat problem. He ended up in 6th place which considering everything we and he have been through we will take it. So here is to lots and lots of more cross races for Bryson!

The event did thrash me of course. But it was so nice to be outside, chat with great friends, WATCH MY KIDS and love life! I am so blessed in so many ways. I can only imagine how great I will feel in another 7 days!

Again thank you for all the love and help (broken record broken record.) But I just have to thank everyone for the love and help. Every message helps and touches my heart! Every note and gift give me a little burst of sunshine! I truly feel like one of the luckiest girls in the world! Oh life it is a wild ride but man is it good!

2 comments:

  1. Your attitude is remarkable Summer. Watching you watch your children and husband yesterday was an absolute joy. You are a living, breathing, walking miracle and for that we are all so grateful. With much love and gratitude. Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summer, I have not met you yet, but want to thank you for the example of tremendous courage and faith. I will continĂșe to pray for your recovery and for your family. Thank you for sharing your story and for enriching my life. DeAnn in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete