Monday, October 17, 2011

Just hollering a good old hello...

Everyday is slowly but surly getting better. I know why dr's do not tell you how long, hard and painful the long process is. Because I would have never ever signed up for it. That being said my pain is manageable and I am only on tylenol and ib profen, plus the original meds: keppra (seizure meds) and dexamethasone (steriod). I decided today to get off everything else, so all the yucky stomach and bowel meds are gone (sorry if it's tmi but that's my new life! ha ha!) I still have quite a bit of nausea and that is mainly what keeps me awake at night and during the day. But I am grateful to see daily improvement. It's been 9 days! Who knew 9 days could last so LONG! Not I! I feel like I should be up and jumping and that is so far from the truth. Seriously I could have given birth at least 3 times easier! I am sure part of it was the initial seizure really took all my independence away and then I had to wait for the surgery. So it was a long 3 weeks even before the surgery. I feel like I am getting STUPIDER by the second, I can't wait until the day when I no longer watch TV and even just reading a book which would be so amazing but it is way to strenuous on my brain.

We went to Huntsman Neuroscience and had my staples removed this morning. Not only did I wear jeans (heck yes!) but I felt a little normal for a little bit. Luckily Bryson took video http://www.facebook.com/#!/summerhallperry so if you want to see it's on face book. It was not to bad just a couple of pokes. Bring it on! They continue to say that the incision looks great! Which I am grateful for! And the swelling is continuing to go down!

This has been a very challenging gift! I have had to rely on so many people and it has been such a huge adjustment to simply let Bryson, family, and friends take on all the grunt work. Let me promise you how grateful I will be for the simple things. Driving myself and others... HEAVEN! Running to the grocery store....AMAZING! And I'm not sure I can even dare to dream but going to the gym....STARGAZED! Yes I am sure I will never be the same. I am truly grateful for the blessing of discovering this tumor (2 tumors) and having kept my family safe and protected. I am grateful that all looks well and that I have been guided and protected throughout the whole process. I have been blessed so fully and have been encompassed by the Lord through out the whole path. Thank you to everyone for the notes, messages, help, love, food, kids... the list is endless. And I dare not even name names because there are SO MANY PEOPLE helping us! OUR CUPS RUNNETH OVER! K so do something for me... GO AND SQUEEZE THE ONES YOU LOVE AND KNOW THAT THEY ARE EVERYTHING!

5 comments:

  1. Summer you are amazing and such a great example of faith,hope and gratitude! Keep up the good fight and know that we are all cheering and pulling for you and your family. Endure is an active word and you are eduring with such poise:)Love ya tonz!!!! Michelle, Mike and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze Summer. Describing this as a very challenging gift and then challenging everyone to, "GO AND SQUEEZE THE ONES YOU KNOW AND KNOW THAT THEY ARE EVERYTHING", makes me so proud to be your father and to know you. We are in route to NYC as I write this and you will never guess who your mother is sitting next to?....Maddie Adams, who is traveling with the UVU Women's Soccer team for a tournament at Princeton. Small world huh? We love you and continue to learn so much from you. Thank you for being a constant source of inspiration. Love Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm squeezing my loved ones right now as they are indeed everything to me. I'm glad I met you through your Papa = you are an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to go SQUEEZE My Loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer, you are an amazing woman! I know you feel like 9 days has been an eternity, but I find your recovery in that time nothing short of incredible! You sound great and your gratitude in anticipation of what most people would consider mundane is inspiring as is your advice to squeeze the ones we know and let them know how much we care about them. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery...may you and your family continue to be blessed.

    ReplyDelete