Friday, May 1, 2009


K so I try not to brag (kind of). Skyler has mad natural soccer talent (yes it fills my soul with pure joy.) This past week she was all over the field up and down. She even delayed if you are not clear what it means to delay let me try to explain. As a defender you wait until the offensive player with the ball either makes a mistake or kicks the ball too far in front of herself and at the exact right moment you step in and kick/take the ball away. I was so proud beaming. This is a skill that is instinctual and is super hard to teach/learn.
Taylor is also playing this season. I didn't get any pics due to weather but will post some next week. She is on an amazing team. Girls do chest traps and direct free kicks with placement pretty unbelievable. She is working super hard and is no afraid to tell someone on the field when they have fouled her and that had the ref been looking he would have called it. Taylor joined a team that has been together for years and has had no problem making tons of friends.
I was just thinking about how wonderful it is that every human being comes to this earth with their very own talents. And it is up to us to grow and become the person we are destined to be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you have little soccer playas. Someone at the hospital told us that Elsie had "dainty" fingers and that we had a little "ballerina" on our hands...not if I have anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sky. And Taylor too. Myles is getting so cute. I was worried he was going to look like Heavy Kevy for a while there, but things are looking up for him. :) Miss you guys. And I'm glad you have your own computer!

    ReplyDelete