Thursday, May 7, 2009

did it done it good

soooooooooooooo... went into surgery to get a meniscus repair and got something else? I hear ya WHAT? My meniscus looked great but I had PLICA; Often called "synovial plica syndrome," this is a condition that is the result of a remnant of fetal tissue in the knee. The synovial plica are membranes that separate the knee into compartments during fetal development. These plica normally diminish in size during the second trimester of fetal development. So I am like a super freak and not in a good way. Plica syndrome has similar characteristics to meniscal tears and patellar tendonitis, and these may be confused (OBVIOUSLY.) Dr. Heiden said in the 12 years of practice this one ranks top 3 for impressiveness meaning big. I am super happy to have it taken care of and can not wait to play with the girls, bike with Bryson and play soccer. Hopefully my hallucinations will never come back crazy. Don't do drugs unless you need them at the hospital ie delivering a baby a then most definitely do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment