Saturday, January 16, 2010

My life... a great gift


Tonight as I can not sleep (I'm not sure why. At 5 pm I was soooo ready for bed and now I'm wide awake? WHATEVER) and would love to be in bed. I've been thinking about the things in my life that truly matter. As this is my only running journal bear with me.

1: FAMILY
I feel so blessed to have been bestowed 3 amazing children of God.I feel so full of joy and hope when I am around them. It's like looking in their eyes I see hope happiness and the brightness of tomorrow. I love them so deeply and dearly. My husband who is my best friend. I love being with him. I love the father he is, at times I must admit I'm a little jealous of his parenting. And a whole slew of family who supports and buoys us up in every way possible. How lucky am I that I get to spend forever with these guys!

2: FAITH
How I love my testimony. I wonder how those without the "gospel" do it. I love knowing I am a child of God and that I have a divine purpose on this earth. I know the church is true and believe with every fiber of my being that we are here only to learn, grow and return to live with our eldest brother in heaven. I know the scriptures are true. My senior year in HS I was able to gain a firm testimony of the scripture and I now know what a divine guide they are. I know we have a prophet called of God on the earth today. I am grateful for his guidance and dedication. I know the atonement is for me and is the way I will return to my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the PEACE it brings to my life.

3: HEALTH
As I see and ponder those who have so many health battles I am thankful for the health of myself and my family. I love getting up every morning and starting new. A rebirth, a new day. How lucky I am to be able to take care of those I love and adore.


I guess this is the short list...
As there is many to list, today I focus on the top 3.

"Count your blessings name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord
has done"

This week I'm gonna pretend the Savior is near me (as he is) and see if my actions need any adjusting?
“He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment