Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can you tell I'm hungry?



This is one of my all time fav things in the world! You know how yummy it is when the maple syrup and bacon meet on your plate at breakfast. The perfect combination of sweet and salty the perfect combination. So I will dream of this till my size one jeans fit and when they... do I'm making lots.


Sweet sugar bacon



Ingredients:
1 pound thick bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar (or maple syrup)
1 tsp. salt


Directions:
1. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a cooling rack in it.
2. Spread the bacon out over the cooling rack.
3. Rub the brown sugar onto the bacon.
(I like to shake it all up in a lg ziploc bag, not as efficient at covering but FAST)
4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the bacon reaches the desired crispiness, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. You are so speaking my language right now...
    Now only if you could make the picture of that bacon on my computer screen a scratch and sniff, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Size 1...you've gotta be kidding. Looks delish. I am trying to lose the 5 lbs. I gained in DECEMBER. Pathetic. Goes on soooo easy, but getting it off is another story.

    Bacon...oh yummy dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Your MIL's wonderful chocolates didn't help! (But were divine and totally worth the one pound currently on my hips.)

    ReplyDelete