Thursday, September 15, 2011

no news is no big deal? right?

So one of the things my neurologist pounded into my head was to be patient. He kept focusing on the fact that this tumor is in a very rare location (the speech center of the brain) and that it is going to be a very complicated process even figuring out the right procedures for removal. So I have absolutely no news. My Dr did not present my case the the Huntsman Cancer Board Wednesday and has decided that he would like the results of a functional MRI to present. Thus I have an MRI scheduled on Monday afternoon where during the MRI I will talk, read, move, answer questions... Then my Dr will present my case to Huntsman. So Our best guess is that my surgery is anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks away. They are much more concerned with doing it right then doing it quickly. So Bryson and I are both doing our best to stay positive, calm, and patient :)

Just a lil status update. To my knowledge I do not think I have had another seizure. But I feel so strange it is unexplainable. I have had extreme muscle twitching which can even move a limb. My sense of balance is out of whack and is making walking difficult. The guess is that the medications may be causing this. I am also having to think 3 times as hard to sound smart (ha ha) and kinda have moments of blank thoughts. And it turns out that a seizure is harder on your body then any soccer game ever could be! Surprising I know!

I have to take a minute to thank the cutest guy I know. Bryson has taken on every single responsibility around here. He is amazing. I knew when I married him that he was my perfect match, and now after nearly 11 years of marriage I love him more then I ever knew I could. He is my world and has stood by my side through the good and the kinda ugly :) I am not allowed to be alone due to possible seizures so we are together, and it is so comforting to know he is here! Babe you are the greatest hubby in the world! LOVE YOU!

Also thank you to everyone for all the love, support and prayers! I wish people could feel this cared for without going through such a struggle! I know they are making a difference and I feel so blessed to be so cared for. I can honestly say I have cried more out of feeling loved then feeling sorry for myself. THANK YOU SO MUCH! LOVE YOU ALL! I so wish I could thank each one of you individually but I know I would leave someone out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Summer--what a sweet and beautiful tribute to Bryson! The two of you together are adorable and we love you both very much. Praying that you will continue to bless each other during this time of waiting and togetherness.
    Love,
    Ann and Bill
    The Peterson's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know I think about you often. I can't believe the positive attitude you have. I am super envious of your strenght.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it would help if I told you this is Annie Fisher (Winchester).

    ReplyDelete