Sunday, July 25, 2010

reflections

So this past week and a half has been very troubling to my soul. I have felt so much grief and pain for one of my favorite families in the world. How in the world does such tragedy happen to such great people. My heart is broken, as I know theirs are. I can not imagine the loss and pain they must feel. I honestly still can not believe it!

In these moments I am grateful for my testimony. I know that the atonement is not only for forgiveness but for healing and comfort. I know that we can be together forever with our families and loved ones. I know that we are never alone and that the Savior is always there. He can walk or carry you depending upon how heavy the burden. I know prayer is a direct way to talk to our Heavenly father and I know he is on the other side listening. I love the gospel with every fiber of my being. It brings me endless happiness and joy.

Although this is the most tragic accident I could imagine it has put a real grasp on reality for me. Seriously nothing else in the whole world matters but family and your relationships with those you love. Who cares if you have an extra 5 lbs to loose and it somehow shows in every picture? Who cares how much money you have? It's all just little inconveniences and I think my thinking has been turned BIG PICTURE or if you will to an eternal perspective. I've focused on hugging my kids and husband, telling them I love them (way to much!), and trying to make every moment special and wonderful. I am so blessed to have a husband I truly adore and love being with. We were meant for one another and he is my best friend. And three amazing kids who keep me on my toes and make every moment full of joy and laughter.

So if nothing else, Love the ones you love. Life is such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment