Friday, April 16, 2010

Uhm I'm so going into retirement as a mother

So today started out like any other domestic diva day. I did 2 loads of laundry, put em away. Did the dishes, put em away. Then ventured down to put away the 100+ boxes of Quaker products (that I basically stole, you'll see how this fits in in a second.), dated and organized them into food storage aka put em away. Then decided I would take the kids to the Zoo. Even brought a friend.  Pretty good mom day I thought.........


Well we all arrived home I prepared dinner. Luckily Bryson was outside and noticed Skyler acting sneaky. He assumed she had candy or something like hidden in her pocket. Turns out SHE STOLE A KIDS CELL PHONE RIGHT OUT OF HIS BACK PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GASP, SHOCK, WHAT THE CRAP?????????

K we've known she has sticky fingers, but seriously! When Bryson asked her about it, she started hitting herself in her head. Multiple times. CRAZY A clear sign of guilt. Then Bryson called the "owner" and explained we had their phone. She had taken it out of  a kids backpack at school, and of course lied about it multiple times. We decided she would return it and issue an appologie herself. Here is where the thought of retirement entered my head. We drove to their apartment and had her in front to talk and apologize. They happily greeted us in and Skyler quickly handed over the phone and the treats (bryson suggested a butter finger for her sticky fingers) she had bought for him. Then she said nothing......... standing.........nothing...... I whisper in her ear "SAY SORRY" ..... "sorry"...... me "sorry for what?"........."sorry for taking your phone." I wanted a lot more, but whatever.

Hopefully tomorrow brings a little kindness to my heart, cause I need it. And hopefully I never have to blog about this particular theif ever again.

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy to think that we voluntarily signed up for this motherhood gig. Fortunately, the better days (hopefully, most days), make up for times like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember the post below when she's making you crazy (and just remember that's easy for me to say cause my baby can't even talk yet :)

    ReplyDelete