Monday, November 2, 2009

racin

The girls did their first cycle cross race on Halloween! They were so excited. Sky has been off sugar for over a week now and the race was her TREAT. Taylor wasn't sure about doing it but decided to go along with it (she was nervous.) The race was on dirt trails at wheeler farm, tons of crazy dressed up adults and kids. A few laps into the race a group of 12 year old boys were racing hard for the win. One of the genius boys clipped Sky's handle bar and she fell HARD! I would have cried and I was just glad she got up and was unharmed. She cried and cried and cried some more then decided if dad would ride behind her she would finish. She cried the rest of the race but finished on her own (we were so proud.) She now can't wait to race again. Taylor the one who did not really want to do it kicked butt. She pushed so hard, crashed herself, thought about quiting and ended up barely pedaling across the finish line runny nose and all. When she finished she said, "Mom I was so mad at myself for crashing. I have never crashed before. Then I thought I couldn't finish. Then I decided I better try my best. And now I am so proud of myself. I really thought I couldn't make it. I better start training if I'm ever going to do Leadville!" Bryson also raced and broke his thumb within the first few laps and still finished in a good spot! Thank heavens our girls got his tough jeans.





4 comments:

  1. What a great event. Something the whole family should be proud of. I love it when families find something that they can all participate in together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun race. Glad the guys didn't get muddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sounds like fun, minus all the crashing. How cool that your girls get to grow up doing such fun and different things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed,the power of parenting.:)

    great job!

    ReplyDelete