Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude is everything!

This year I wish I could simplify my emotion, but I am so eternally grateful for this year, I can hardly express myself. Looking back my family has been blessed and protected immensely, and I am sure that I will never ever forget this. Starting with Taylor having an extremely successful open heart surgery in June, she was a trooper and taught me so much about strength and positivity. Then exactly 2 weeks later watching Bryson crash in one of the worst bike race crashes I have ever seen (and I have watch many.) Myself, Myles, and Skyler were only 20 feet away and when I got to him I was just thrilled that he could talk, move and generally was going to be ok. A couple of broken ribs, a broken scapula, and a possible break in his pelvis (they were not sure if it was from a previous crash or not.) Bryson has always been amazing but having to take care of him helped me think about how important he is to me and how blessed I am to have him. Then the big shock, my seizure (which I know we were all protected as I was not able to get the car started.) Which led to finding a tumor in my speech center. This was a tough trial which I am still of course dealing with. But I am so grateful for all of it. GRATEFUL that myself and family were protected through the struggles. Grateful that they found the problem. Grateful that I was able to have an amazing medical team who gave me confidence and were able to fully remove my 2 tumors without damaging my speech. Grateful that I has zero worries about an awake tumor removal surgery (if that's not a blessing then I do not know what is) Grateful for the staff at Huntsman who didn't quite know what to do with me. I felt like crap and they just kept saying you are doing amazing. They would try to move me in bed and I would just stand up so they could adjust stuff, they were always shocked. Grateful for Bryson who stood by me side and took care of everything. I always knew I had the perfect man for me, but this trial truly put a deeper love in my heart. I love you Bryson so much and all i can say is THANK YOU! Grateful for friends and family who are there every step of the way. I knew my kids were safe and protected. I knew that if the bus was late a neighbor would pick them up. I am thankful for the greatest friends and family in the world and I know I will never take them for granted. I am grateful for the gift of health and healing. It has been a battle to stay at home and feel stagnant, but I will recover fully and that is a HUGE BLESSING!  Grateful for my strength and faith. This had been a humbling year in the best way possible. I have learned that we are in God's hands and he is here, he knows us, and is aware of us. Lastly I am grateful for everything, and grateful that I have a new view of life. Life is a gift. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for your strength and example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "next blog" button has struck again.

    And now I'm off.

    Tally Ho!

    ReplyDelete