Thursday, July 7, 2011

A good deed does not go unnoticed (especially when it involves cutting off 12 inches of hair!)

Sweet Taylor noticed some of the girls her age did not have hair while she was at Primary Children's Hospital this summer. Especially when she played in the Forever Young Zone there was a girl about her age who wore a hat to cover her head. Ever since she learned of  Locks of  Love she has been obsessed with cutting her hair to donate. She has been begging and nagging me every possible second. 

Taylor's exact words for donating her hair are "This summer I went to the hospital for surgery I saw some girls my age who had cancer and did not have hair. I wanted to help. I hope my hair helps other girls feel better!"


 So we cut off 12 full inches!!!! I'm sure it will be back in 2 years, wish my hair grew that fast!
I'm so proud of her for being such a great sensitive kid! She is such an example to me, how blessed am I to have her as my daughter!!!




 So then Skyler decided she wanted to look exactly like Taylor? Funny she LOVES being mistaken for twins! So she cut her hair and hopes it will help a little girl but mostly wans to be just like Taylor :)

 Bye bye 10 inches!






 I love their new hair, they look so cute. To bad no more pony tails!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. They look adorable! What a great blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great, really. I do wish there was another program like lol but with some different policies. I have a few issues with them- but honestly, that is so sweet and considerate of her- it looks like she is feeling good to? what great girls you have. I wish we'd see you all more often- at least once a year, huh? :) ah, it's been too long. Please let us know if you're ever up this way!

    ReplyDelete